A New Blog, Portable Recorder Hair, and Other Exciting Developments

Greetings, friends!

I am working on an album right now. It's mostly instrumental and kind of soundtracky with piano, strings, brass, woodwinds, windchimes, and such. I started this blog so I can keep you updated as we make progress on the record! My super creative, mega talented friend Michael Gowdy is producing the album. We recorded almost all of the two solo piano tracks last weekend, and I'm really really excited about the sounds we captured. Trying to go for a Nils Frahm-esque piano sound (warm and dark with lots of key noise). We're trying to capture more of the mechanical noise by using two SM57's right on the keys. We're also using an AT-2020 over the strings, and an MXL tube as a room mic.




We're also capturing some field recordings of rain and streams and creaky things along the way with this little dude:




His hair is rad.

Comments

Popular Posts